Orewa College offers the opportunity for Year 7 to Year 13 students, both girls and boys, to play cricket in a variety of competitions and grades.
Gillette Cup is a national knock out competition in which the College participates. In 2011 Orewa College was knocked out in Round 2 after narrowly losing to Massey High School.
ASB College Sport - Auckland Secondary Schools Cricket
From the Batman's Perspective
- ASB College Sport organises cricket for the Auckland Secondary Schools Cricket Association (ASSCA). See www.collegesport.co.nz
- Teams play in three main grades: Premier, A and B
- Grading is based upon the ability level of players and although most competitions are open, the Premier grades are by qualification
Orewa College Cricket Details
- Orewa College teams are currently playing in B grade competitions and play only on the North Shore.
- Grade details: Year 9-10 team play in the Junior Morning (North Harbour) 20:20 grade, and the Year 11-12 team and Year 13 team both play in the Senior B North Habrour Section 1 grade.
- The cricket season starts in Term 1 (February to start of April) and continues in Term 4 (October to November)
- The Rules and Regulations for all grades can be obtained fromthis link.
- Season/weekly draws, results and rankings are available through: www.collegesport.co.nz
- Players in all teams are required to play in full whites and registration if $60 per player.
- Match cancellations due to poor weather are made on Newstalk 1ZB 89.4MHz.
Contact the Teacher in Charge of Cricket
Annual Staff versus Student Cricket Match
This provides a welcome distraction to academic studies and more serious cricketing pursuits.
In the last staff versus student cricket match, little, if any cricketing prowess was displayed by the staff.