Cross Cultural Information and Informing Staff
To all new staff each year:
Subject: International Students
Hello! I am Judy O'Grady, Dean of International Students and want to touch base with you regarding our programme and students.
The students are spread from Year 7 to 13, so it is highly likely that you will have contact with some of these students.
I would love to meet with you at some stage over the next couple of weeks to answer any queries you may have and to help with guidelines etc.
This would not take long and can be at a time convenient to you.
Could you please let me know when would suit you? I can come to you, or you could visit my office (between S10 and S11).
Cross Cultural Training
(Refer to Accommodation Section)
- Homestay providers are given cultural information
- International Students receive cultural information about New Zealand as part of their orientation (Refer to Handbook)
- Staff are reminded about the COP - by email and at staff meetings
- HOD of Languages or Dean of International Students speaks to full staff at a PD session
- Cultural information sent to staff via email and printed
- All information accessible to all on Orewa College website - staff reminded periodically that it is there